It currently has around 129 organizational members from 77 countries, with millions of affiliated enterprises. It serves as a bridge connecting governments and enterprises, and a cooperative platform for the Belt and Road construction. It supports multinational collaboration and global governance. Headquarters are in Hong Kong, secretariat in Xi’an, offices in Beijing and Shanghai. CSEBA is a member since 2017.
Silk Road Chamber of International Commerce (SRCIC), mainly composed of national chambers of commerce of the Belt and Road countries, is the first transnational business confederation named after the Silk Road. With 129 organizational members from 77 countries, including state-level and regional chambers of commerce, SRCIC serves as a bridge connecting enterprises and governments, providing a cooperative platform between business associations and SRCIC members. It is also a key voice in the promotion of Belt and Road construction, and plays a vital role in advancing economic and social development with an emphasis on international collaboration and global governance. With its global partners, SRCIC is a strong creator and supporter of the resilience of the world economy and sustainable development under the Belt and Road Initiative.
Since its establishment in December 2015, SRCIC has hosted nine important conferences, over 30 international visits and road shows, met with more than 20 Silk Road country’ leaders, and signed the Framework Agreement on Jointly Establishing a Mechanism and Platform for International Industry and Commerce Cooperation with more than 60 participating state-level members and international organizations. SRCIC has also signed the Proposal for Jointly Establishing Rules and Standards of Transnational Artwork Trading with over 80 state-level chambers of commerce, and issued the Zhangjiajie Consensus of Harmonious Efforts in Co-Building a Shared Community for Integrated World Business Development and the Xi'an Consensus for Contributing to a Global Community for a Shared Future.
SRCIC has signed strategic cooperation agreements with the government of Georgia, International Chamber of Commerce - World Chambers Federation, the Intergovernmental Commission of Transport Corridor Europe-Caucasus-Asia, China Chamber of International Commerce, China NGO Network for International Exchanges, China Association for Friendship, and the New World Development Group in Hong Kong to jointly promote trade and cultural exchange within the Belt and Road framework. SRCIC has earned a reputation as an Action Team and a Super Liaison in the Belt and Road construction.
SRCIC has created six committees of Trade, Finance, Culture, Transportation, Energy, and Industrial Parks. SRCIC has also facilitated five alliances, including the Silk Road Urban Alliance, the Silk Road Enterprise Development Alliance, the Belt and Road Association Alliance, the Silk Road International Museum Alliance, and the Silk Road Think Tank Alliance. It is comprised of five sub-organizations: www.eSilkRoad.com, the Silk Road International Development Fund, International Artwork Trading Center, Silk Road Cultural Park, and the Silk Road Transnational Financial Leasing Alliance. These organizations serve as platforms for pragmatic cooperation among SRCIC members.
SRCIC maintains the Silk Road spirit of peace and cooperation, openness and inclusiveness, mutual learning, mutual benefit, and the principle of achieving shared growth through discussion and collaboration to contribute to the building of a global community with a shared future. Promoting business and cultural exchange for a win-win outcome is the goal and mission for SRCIC in this new historical era.
SRCIC Major Events (2016-2018):
1. SRCIC Road Show in Georgia (2016, April) - meetings with the President and Prime Minister of Georgia, signed agreement with Georgian Chamber of Commerce and Industry
2. Xi'an Silk Road Business Summit and SRCIC Cooperation and Development Conference (2016, September) - 500 participants from 52 countries
3. Cooperation and Development Conference of jointly establishing the Belt and Road mechanism and platforms in Slovakia (2016, October) – meeting with Deputy Prime Premier of the Slovak Republic and signed agreement with Slovak Chamber of Commerce and Industry
4. Conference on Joint Construction of the Belt and Road Mechanism and Platform in Russia (2016, November) – meeting with Russian Deputy Minister of Economic Development
5. Development Cooperation Conference on Joint Construction of the Belt and Road Mechanism and Platform held in Ukraine (2016, November) – meetings with the first lady of Ukraine, First Deputy Speaker of Parliament and Chairman of China-Ukraine Inter-governmental Cooperation Committee
6. 30th CACCI Conference in Taipei (2016, November) - Innovating business models and jointly constructing the Belt and Road platforms for development
7. Development Cooperation Forum on International Industrial Parks ＆ Discussion on Silk Road International Culture Week (2016, December) – 300 participants from 20 countries
8. First Council Meeting of Economic Institute of Central and Eastern European Countries (2017, March) – Mr. Lu Jianzhong, Chairman of SRCIC, appointed as Director of the Economic Institute of Central and Eastern European Countries
9. Belt and Road Initiative Cooperation & Development Conference in Lebanon (2017, April) – meetings with Lebanon Prime Minister, SRCIC signed a strategic cooperation agreement with the General Union of Arab Chambers, and the Federation of Chambers of Commerce, Industry and Agriculture of Lebanon
10. Belt and Road Forum for International Cooperation in Beijing (2017, May) - SRCIC and Changsha Municipal People’s Government signed strategic cooperation agreement on jointly establishing the Belt and Road International Cultural Industrial Park in Changsha, Hunan Province.
11. SRCIC scholarship program (2017) – After selection process done by SRCIC, Ukraine-China Friendship Association, Education Ministry of Ukraine, and the three universities in Xi’an China, 30 Ukrainian students arrived in Xi'an for their new semester.
12. Xi'an Silk Road Business Summit (2017) - Over 600 participants from 72 countries and high-level government officials from China and Silk Road countries attended the summit.
13. 10th World Chambers Congress in Sydney, Australia (2017, September) - President of SRCIC Lu Jianzhong one of the keynote speakers
14. 5th Business Conference with China and East in Israel (2017, September)
15. SRCIC Road Show in Palestine (2017, September) – meeting with the Palestinian President
16. The EU-Eurasia-China Business Summit in Greece (2017, October) – meeting with Greece’s President
17. the China’s National People's Congress (NPC) (2018, March)
18. People's Forum of Shanghai Cooperation Organization (2018, April)
19. SRCIC and ICC-WCF sign Strategic Cooperation Agreement in Beijing (2018, April) – an agreement signing ceremony with International Chamber of Commerce and World Chambers Federation (ICC-WCF)
20. Georgian First Vice Prime Minister Kumsishivili visits the SRCIC Beijing Office (2018, April)
21. SRCIC delegation visits Croatia and participates at Silk Road Tourism Conference in Dubrovnik (2018, April) – meeting with former President of Croatia, Stjepan Mesic
22. Great Silk Road - Towards New Developments Forum in Turkmenistan (2018, May)
23. The International Symposium on Belt and Road Construction and Trade Facilitation in Xi’an (2018, May)
24. SRCIC Chairman Lu Jianzhong meets with ICC International Court of Arbitration President Alexis Mourre (2018, May)
25. SRCIC Forum of Transforming Xi'an into a Cosmopolitan City (2018, June)
26. Strategic Cooperation Agreement between SRCIC, TWMG, NWD & K11 (2018, August)
27. Think Tank Summit 2018 for the Belt and Road in Xi’an (2018, September)
28. 2018 Silk Road Business Summit successfully in Zhangjiajie City (2018, October)
29. SRCIC roadshow in Bulgaria (2018, November)
30. SRCIC 3rd Anniversary Celebration: 2018 Silk Road International Fashion Week in Xi’an (2018, December)
31. 2018 Silk Road Sunshine Fund students program in Xi’an (2018, December)
( For more information, please visit http://www.srcic.org/ )